Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hello from Vietnam!

Hey my little birdies,

Just wanted to share with you the memory of a very special evening spent in the company of a very special group of birdies this side of the globe in Vietnam ... Unusual sort of chilly evening (perhaps because of the artificial mist that floated down on us from rows of electric fans blowing on ice up above?), sitting by the court yard and admiring all these beautiful women chatting and laughing away, women whom I hardly know, but yet who are also so much a part of me.

The food was yummy at Quan Ngon! Except for the Com Am Phu which lived up to its name of the dish from hell, if hell can be defined as bland. Because bland it was!

OK, so I'll give you a very quick low down with a one-word description of all who was there:

Ngoc Tran: Pensive
Kim Thuy: Wow!
Thanh Thu: T'as les yeux de biche, tu sais? (That's more than one word, but one word just can't do her or her eyes justice. OK, so I stole the lead line from J. Gabin, but who cares?)
San Ha: Yes, M'am, cap'n!
Tuyet Mai: Wacko!
Kieu Hanh: Loving

Afterward we went bowling, and NT just sort of walked up to the alley, put the ball down, and hoped very hard that it would defy the law of physics, and just get itself rolling toward the pins without any help from her.

The alley was smack in the center, next to the Cathedral. Very incongrous. But no one seemed to mind. The music was deafening but very hip! Makes you want to dance.

Will send pictures later once I'm back in Paris. Stupid me, I took the camera, but left the cable at home.

All my love,
G xxxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Help!: I'm looking for Tran Thien Thu-Thuy class of 72-73..?. she's a friend with: Tran thi Bich-Lien(Kim Lai an-quan),Cuc Q1, Thanh-Hang or Bich-Hang??. Please email to: robomaximo@gmail.com (your friend:PDH)

Unknown said...

Help!: I'm looking for Tran Thien Thu-Thuy class of 72-73..?. she's a friend with: Tran thi Bich-Lien(Kim Lai an-quan),Cuc Q1, Thanh-Hang or Bich-Hang??. Please email to: robomaximo@gmail.com (your friend:PDH)

April 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM